Friday, September 19, 2008

Hyderabad (not exactly) blues.

Looking back at all the period I spent in Hyderabad, one thing I can tell you from it for sure is that, that Hyderabad is one city which makes you fall in love with it.Yeah yeah I know this is pretty mehh statement to start the post which sounds so obvious.
But I am not a man of many words and neither I am good at expressing a deep feeling, so I would suggest you to better believe this :).
Sure it gets very hot and unnaturally rainy, but then again, you are in middle of India where this kind of atmosphere is not unexpected.
It started with few good friends that I found after coming here and slowly we started enjoying this place. To say that I had fun from very starting will be like betraying my true feelings. Yes,I did get bore to the core initially, missed Pune like anything , called my parents and friends in pune almost daily out of boredom. Add to that the (in)famous bench of IT companies and you have a perfect self kill weapon. But then you can't get bored beyond a limit and start enjoying whatever is there around you. Now, what do you do in that case? Yes, you explore.Especially when you have this much time.I did same and Hyderabad did not disappoint, not at all.
This city has everything that a good city should have ideally and then something more.
It's combination of modernness and old world charm is amazing.It is almost as if, the old city has been forgotten by time and then suddenly some architect woke up and realized that the city needs to grow, with time , so he built new-age constructions all around the old city.Fantastic.
Only city I can recall which has similar characteristic is Pune.(Considering that I have lived in only 3 cities in all of last 23 years, this is pretty gross overstatement,but still... you get the drift!)

Charminar, In my opinion could be the most used, abused, visited, hyped, term and landmark in not only Hyderabad's but India's history.Here are some snaps for your pleasure.

and another one ,


When I first visited Charminar, I was pretty surprised by its location. The image I had in mind was totally different. I was hoping it to be a typical tourist spot, but as you can see it's not.
It is totally surrounded by shops, hotels, by lanes, roads etc, making it uniquely unique :).
It is so very important and so non-assuming at the same that it makes you wonder.Superb stuff.
I take a bow.The famous by lanes house the even more famous pearl jewellery shops.The typical Hyderabadi Hindi is at its epitome here.If you ever want to learn it, this is the authentic place.
These two pics certainly doesn't cut it. I will try to put better and bigger pics sometime.

Here is another of Hyderabad's numerous famous spots : Golkonda fort.



A staircase in the fort :


Hyderabad from Golkonda's point of view :)
(credit for this supreme snap goes to Bitterscotch)


Magnificent Buddha statue installed in Hussain sagar :


In and around Lumbini park :

Note , people in above snap are not at all related to me.


But in this snap yes these are us.

And finally me, at Golkonda fort's alley that leads to main staircase towards top.

I can almost here some of you saying "And ramoji film city?? ".It is there, still for sure.And I have been there,husshhhh. But sadly I was not carrying camera or camera phone at that time.
However to be frank, I will say Hyderabad has far more spots that are far more interesting than Ramoji film city(with total due respect, Ramoji film city is a wonder in itself and a must watch for all especially if you are a film buff).
My point is that, If you are coming to Hyderabad only for film city you are missing a great deal.
This almost brings up the rear end of the post, but where is my bike? yes, it is in very good shape, in fact better than ever. The thing is, all these snaps were taken before I got the bike transported here.I guarantee, next post will see some of my bike.
Keep riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment