Thursday, July 30, 2009

200 No longer.

As most of you will already be knowing that, Pulsar 200 will no longer be in production. All those versions with 220's fairing, big forks have proved to be just concepts. I must admit that this particular news has dampened my spirit. I will never understand why most beautiful bike in Bajaj's stable was ultimately turned into an organ donor. However as the things stand out today, the 180 is the new 200, so buyer's won't be missing much atleast in looks department. What baffled me was the inclusion of those tank scoops on 150, besides of course the all black treatment. But as you all know, Bajaj engineers,designers,managers and what not are obviously better than me at judging people's requirements. Then again, "personally" me isn't a bit happy about this.
The termination news also brings a question on whether I should continue with the blog. This might as well turn out to be last post on the blog.
Until I change my mind.

7 comments:

  1. I had the same feeling.

    I am a proud owner of P200 wine red, and today when I see 150 coming up with side scoops, black outlook ...simply looks cheap, my first reaction was...yuk ! these guys are up for the cheap money

    It was a vintage for the bikers who want to have a edge over the rest, to feel that they are different.

    Well I guess I will be soon holding a bike with a unique identity... A P200 !

    I think this blog should continue, lets us not let the spirit die...we still are a part of Pulsar sport !!...just got better throttle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. exclusivity, thats what we have! for enthusiasts, 200 will remain as it is. 180 can't be simply 200.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah baby! 200 rockz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 200 looks diff thn new 180cc as it has awesome looking silencer and tht proves 200 is definitely male....
    proud to be an owner of pulsar 200... n tht shows i have a unique bike which very few ppl have...
    i love u 200... muwaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, its been all changed now. We have Pulsar 200 NS .. Let us see how it change Indian scene ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys I m a proud owner of pulsar 200 recently I had my bike engine seize so I have to get it again,I had it from local person,he did the bike but still the voice is there in engine like thak thak thak, and when I asked him he told me that it will go after 1000 km or a month.I m deeply depressed by it and thinking to sell,any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete