Monday, August 20, 2007

Dead and burried : The classic fork breaking controversy

Ohh I am really sorry my fellow updated-every-minute-bikers,But I must for this damn cool bike's sake invoke the ghost of that fork!( But I hope to clear all doubts this final time so...)
Much has been said about the P200's front forks.Ever since photos of some P200's with broken forks were published on Internet, people, especially the bikers community has been chewing it restlessly.Nothing wrong about it though but one sad aspect that I came across in this whole scene was that people who had never even ridden the bike or seen the broken fork, were maligning the Bajaj's and P200's image by giving "valuable" insights.
And like it happens with every hot issue people got so carried away that they actually forgot (conveniently or not I can't comment) what had Bajaj done in the meantime.
While we were all busy in discussing how P200 is bound to be doomed, Bajaj redesigned the front fork(Or rather the mounting points that hold the Disc brake calipers).These revised P200s were out in the showrooms even before anyone got any hint about it.(or like I said we were too busy to take notice of it).
I along with many other like me, have been writing about this in many other sites,blogs and orkut all along but no one seemed to take notice.The discussions continued as if those comments were written in invisible ink!

But as things stand today,I would really like to tell the world with all my vocal cords strained - that please wake-up and take a look at current scenario.The fork controversy is nothing but a dead meat.
Here are some picture taken off Internet(most of you would have seen it probably a zillion times and don't give a zilch, but just for the sake of it and P200 they are here again!)


Front-fork broken!(what a sorry picture)But forget about it now.Its just for your curiosity.
Notice the 2 separate mounting-points for caliper.


Close-up of previous illustration.

And finally the picture that matters now.See the newer design of mounts,wherein they have been connected to each other by same material as fork itself.

So herein lies the ghost of broken fork.May it R.I.P..Thank you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment