Monday, September 17, 2007

2nd service (and aftermath)


I had planned for a 1 day return trip which was of about 400kms.(Check that ride here).
So I thought of getting the 2nd service done before going onto the venture.
The bike was running fine actually but neverless got it serviced at something like 1890 kms.Took my bike to ProB and thankfully thay delievered it within 2 hours.
Although the manual doesn't say to change the oil, it was done.One good news - Pune ProBiking now fills 'Motul 3000t ' as standard oil at no extra cost.This oil, I was told is very popular amongst enthusiasts, but due to its non-availalbility I never had chance to fill it in my bike ever.
While I write this the bike has run 2533kms.

Coming back to point, This is what the mechanic did in front of me-

1.Opened the drain nut and drained all the oil.
2.Cleaned the air-filter.
3.Checked tyre pressure and both the brakes.
4.I had told him about hard gear shifts, so he loosened and then again tightned the clutch cable...thats all.
5.Checked the battery,lights,indicators and horns.
6.Lubricated the chain.
7.Filled in the oil and washed the bike.
Done!
And I paid Rs.260 for this...anyway,

The changes I noticed after 2nd service-
1. The engine is now infintely more smooth.Overall sound output has reduced considerably.The gruffness that you feel in new bike is fully gone.
2.The gear shift which was edgy and rough (especially 1st -> 2nd and vice versa)to my choice is more or less same.
3.Throttle response has sharpened.or is it the smoothness that's fooling me?But its welcome anyway.
4.Sadly and amazingly, Fuel efficiency has gradually dropped since then.To be frank I was expecting a rise. Previously I was getting efficiency in the region of 45kmpl.Which has now come down to 38-40kmpl!
How did this happen is beyond me.Next time I go to pune, will surely go to ProB and consult them. I suspect some screw setting in carb has gone awry or is it the spark plug or is it the air filter or is it..... :)
5.Fuel gauge that was faulty from day one is still faulty.The sensors are out of stock(still).Bajaj please do something!
6.I heard Starter motors were being replaced in all P200s.Again those starters were out of stock, no luck here also! In any case my starter is working perfect so no gripes about it.

And yes the ProB people are not that great at washing the bike.May be rush and very narrow space there freaks them out!
All in all its mixed bag of things after 2nd service.Smoothness is welcome but at fuel efficiency's cost?No sir I am not game for it.
OK!Now drool -

5 comments:

  1. Hi !
    i'm ato from Indonesia
    i just recently use pulsar 200 cc, earlier i ride thunder 125 cc.
    got "problem" in my pulsar which is its so hard to get to netral gear. though sometimes it change to netral it self when in 2nd gear. other pulsar rider also had the same problem here. i hope in upcoming 1st service the problem will be attended by the mechanic.

    but, in general, i satisfied with my pulsar.

    ato - PPC 024
    purwakarta pulsar club
    www.pulsar.or.id

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ato,

    Yeah I also had similar problem , but now after 4 servicings the shifts are smooth.So hold on, put some miles on your bike and it will be okay.

    all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys

    have any you guys checked the wheel alignment in Pulsar, both the wheels can never be aligned due to a design defect in the bike and the bike has an inbuilt tendency to fall to the right side ....
    Please revert back for any clarifications
    rossifan16@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys
    The pulsar 200 has a problem which i dont know how many of you would have noticed. the pulsar 200's wheel cannot be aligned as a normal bike

    The wheels of any motor cycle should be aligned such that the front wheel stands completely in the middle of the front wheel , but you can see that the front wheel of the p200 projects to the left side of the rear wheel and this causes imbalance and the affects severely the lean angle and leads to crashes while cornering, mostly to the right side

    You can contact me for more clarifications at
    hari55880@gmail.com or rossifan16@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. any one can help me how can i find the manual services book for pulsar 200,,,,,
    pleaase,please,please

    thanks' lima ferdinand
    1122silver@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete