Monday, September 10, 2007

P200 v/s Karizma in Overdrive Sept '07 issue

The 9th anniversary issue of 'Overdrive' is out.Its a huge 500 page special issue well keeping in with OD's tradition so far.
Me being an ardent fan of OD since last 8 years,I can surely tell you its a must read.
There are many good articles but the one of interest is here the P200 vs. Karizma report.I was expecting a full blown comparo but its nothing like that.Although you fairly get the idea.
According to OD, P200 feels more powerful and lively compared to ZMA.Besides being a tad faster on both 0-60 and 0-100 runs.I agree with this one fully.Pulsars have always been like that since the first incarnation in 2001-2002.Fuel efficiency is also somewhat better in P200 although real roadies will never bother about it.
Where it P200 lags behind is the comfort levels.ZMA is lot more roomier and plush.P200 is more of the tighter side both space and suspension wise.Sitting position of P200 is such that it makes you lean on handle bars and you feel like riding hard.However this cannot be exactly termed as a negative.This solely depends on rider's liking.

Things turn upside down when ridden over broken roads.P200 clearly scoring over ZMA.
Now comes the most controversial topic of all time.Who is faster in the end?
According to OD, the ZMA can clock a real world top speed of 125kmph (which is almost 7kmph more than that of P200's).This slots 200 in sub 120kmph catagory.Now I can't really comment on this as of now.Till now I have touched only 105k before I ran out of stretch.But I have heard from various people all over that P200 can well go upto 123 to 128 kmph anything in between.I even remember reading one forum where one P200 owner went well beyond 130kmph.But this claim looks a bit far stretched to me as even P220 brakes into sweet to go beyond 126kmph.
So this makes a real close competition.(I have clocked something 122kmph odd on the ProBiking Dyno before the sales guy stopped me.I am not sure how 'real' is that dyno thing though)
So as soon as I try this top speed thing I will let you know,till then you people keep me informed.
Now are you one of these - young,restless,show stopper,challenge lover?

UPDATE - Sandeep from Banglore has reported 126kmph on his 200.

7 comments:

  1. i did 132 in non tuned stock parts apache rtr 160! it beats karizma and p200! thats called technology!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FZR,
    thats some top speed :).
    RTR although quick initially, was never fast at the end, looks like they sorted this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO MY NAME IS ASH. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I CAME ACROSS THIS BLOG.HAPPY TO BE A PART OF THIS BLOG. I HAVE TOUCHED 138KM IN MY PULSAR 200 BEFORE I RAN OUT OF STRETCH.I CAN EASILY TOUCH 130 WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT...SO P200 ROCKS MAN....

    ReplyDelete
  4. well my P200 never crosses 120 mark in normal conditions.
    But if I crouch on tank and if the road is kindoff slopish, then it veers above 125 too, and once even touched the magical mark of 130.
    But otherwise normally its 115 I would say..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hero Honda Karizma and Bajaj Pulsar200cc it is Good bikes but some where Karizma better than to Pulsar,,

    GMC Auto Parts Online-Body Parts, Car Accessories, Performance Parts,Automotive Parts, Wheels etc.Our site offers online access to multiple automotive part stores.

    GMC tail light

    ReplyDelete
  6. I touched a top speed of 130km/hr wid a pillion rider in my p200 and no apache can beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apache RTR boy.. Ever did a pan India on a RTR? RTR manages incredible figures on paper. But try heading out on a day with winds/ try passing near a speeding truck coming in opposite direction. You'll realize weight is not bad after all.. Though RTR is one of the best city bikes, I'd not want to take it on the highways..One more area where Pulsar 200/220 score are the partially oil cooled engines. Take an Apache/CBZ/Zma etc at 100kmph for 40 minutes (without lowering engine revs in between).. You'll see what heat does to the engine..

    ReplyDelete